In order for VOGO Voice to build and deploy an Alexa skill the primary prerequisite is to have an Amazon Developer Account. Amazon Developer Services is a suite of tools and services that enable a developer to build, test and sell applications and games in the Amazon App store. To access the suite, a user registers for an Amazon developer account and avails Amazon Developer Services at https://developer.amazon.com/.
Let’s get you started by taking you through the steps to create a new Amazon Developer Account.
- Go to the developer console at https://developer.amazon.com/ and tap the ‘Sign in’ button
- In the ‘Sign in’ page click on ‘Create your Amazon Developer Account’.
- Follow the prompts and type in your user name, a valid email address and a desired password which will help you log in to your developer account. After providing the details, click on ‘Create your Amazon Developer Account’. (This sends a confirmation mail to the email address you have entered with an OTP)
- Enter the OTP and click ‘Verify’
- In the Amazon Registration page, fill in the personal information and tap ‘Save and Continue’.
- You will be directed to ‘App Distribution and Services Agreement’ page where you can accept the terms and conditions of the services agreement.
- Fill in the ‘Payments’ page and save the details.
You have successfully created your Amazon developer account and will be directed to the developer console dashboard.